The date of the entrance test will be communicated later in the announcement of selection published on the website of UNIMI.
For Italian, European or equivalent candidates the selection will be on the basis of a competitive written entrance exam. The admission test consists of a written test based on multiple-choice questions. The admission test will be in English and will include 50 questions on topics such as biology, biochemistry, physics, pharmacology, immunology, pathology, genetics.
*For non-EU students resident abroad (applicants for a student visa), selection and ranking will be based on the assessment of the personal and scholastic curriculums and on an interview evaluation. To be admitted to the entrance test, candidates from Italian and EU universities have to possess 180 ects obtained in the Bachelor's degree. Specifically, 50 ects have to derive from the following areas: BIO/09 (Physiology), BIO/10 (Biochemistry), BIO/11 (Molecular biology), BIO/12 (Clinical biochemistry), BIO/13 (Biology), BIO/14 (Pharmacology), BIO/16 (Human anatomy), BIO/18 (Genetics), BIO/19 (General microbiology), MED/01 (Medical statistics), MED/03 (Human genetics), MED/04 (General pathology and immunology), MED/05 (Clinical pathology), MED/06 (Medical oncology), MED/07 (Microbiology), MED/08 (Pathology), MED/09 (Internal medicine), MED/25 (Mental health), MED/26 (Neurology), MED/46 (Laboratory medicine), INF/01 (Informatics), FIS/07 (Medical physics).
For non-EU students resident abroad (applicants for a student visa) the admission to the Master Programme will be based on the assessment of the personal and scholastic curriculum and on an interview evaluation.
In order to profitably follow the learning activities, the candidate should have a good knowledge of spoken and written English. The B2 level is required and the certification has to be provided at the registration of the admission test.
Students waiting to obtain the Bachelor's Degree, can participate in the admission test "sub iudice". In case of success, they will be accepted only if they will obtain the Bachelor degree by December 31th, also possessing the prerequisite described above.
More details about the selection/admission procedure can be find below in the Admission Criteria paragraph.
Places available: 65 + 10 reserved for non-EU citizens
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 16/04/2021 to 31/08/2021
Application for matriculation: from 08/10/2021 to 12/10/2021
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts